In this article firstly, we will discuss about the UNESCO world heritage site from India and state wise lists. Then in the later part of the article we will see the Top 10 UNESCO World heritage site from India . India is known as a country of culture and heritage. We have one of the oldest civilizations in the world. Our country has seen many foreign invasions and rules in its history. So our culture and heritage is a mixture of many foreign cultures. Every year UNESCO full form : (United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization) selects some sites from around the world and enlist them in their Heritage sites’ list.
The main purpose of making UNESCO World Heritage sites is to protect, preserve and maintain these heritage sites. UNESCO also includes some UNESCO world heritage site of India for their protection, preservation and regular maintenance. Firstly, let us see some UNESCO world heritage site from India which were recently added.
Latest included India UNESCO World Heritage Site :
*2016: In 2016
- Nalanda Mahavira at Nalanda, Bihar and
- The Kanchendzonga National Park at Sakkyong, Sikkim
were included in the list of India UNESCO World Heritage Site .
*2017: In 2017, Ahmedabad city, Gujarat was included in the list of India UNESCO world heritage site .
*2018: In 2018, Victorian Gothic and Deco Ensembles at Mumbai, Maharashtra made its place in the list of UNESCO world heritage site of India .
*2019: In 2019 Pink City at Jaipur, Rajasthan came to the list of India UNESCO world heritage site .
In 2020, there was global crisis of Covid 19 pandemic. As a result, no site selected as UNESCO Heritage. So no India UNESCO World Heritage Site named in the list .
*2021: Recently in 2021, two more sites from India added to the list of India UNESCO world heritage site . They are :
- Dholavira: A Harappan City at Kutch, Gujarat 2021 .
- KakatiyaRudreswara / Ramappa Temple at Hyderabad, Telengana 2021.
UNESCO world heritage site from India State wise List (With Inclusion Year) :
Currently there are total 38 UNESCO world heritage site from India , let’s check them and make a note of them.
Northern India UNESCO world heritage site :
- Nanda Devi National Park at Chamoli, 1988.
Himachal Pradesh –
- The Great Himalayan National Park at Shamshi, 2014.
- The Architectural work of Le Corbusier, 2016.
- Humayun’s Tomb at Nizamuddin East, 1993.
- QutubMinar at Meharuli, 1993.
- Red Fort Complex at New Delhi, 2007.
- Keoladeo National Park of Bharatpur, 1985.
- JantarMantar at Jaipur, 2010.
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan, 2013.
- Pink City at Jaipur, 2019.
- Pavagarh Archaeological Park at Champaner, 2004.
- Rani-ki-Bhav at Patan, 2014.
- Ahmedabad city, 2017.
- Dholavira: A Harappan City at Kutch, 2021. (It is one of the latest UNESCO world heritage site from India included in 2021.)
Maharashtra – it has the most number of UNESCO world heritage site from India .
- Ajanta Caves of Aurangabad, 1983.
- Ellora Caves of Aurangabad, 1983.
- Elephanta Caves of Mumbai, 1987.
- ChhatrapatiShivaji Terminus at Mumbai, 2004.
- Victorian Gothic & Deco Ensembles at Mumbai, 2018.
Madhya Pradesh –
- Khajuraho group of monuments, 1986.
- Buddhist Monuments of Sanchi at Sanchi Town, 1989.
- Rock Shelters at Bhimbetka, 2003.
Uttar Pradesh –
- TajMahal at Agra , 1983. when was taj mahal declared world heritage site)
- Agra Fort at Agra, 1983.
- Mahabodhi Temple at Bodh Gaya, 2001.
- Nalanda Mahavira at Nalanda, 2016.
West Bengal –
- Sundarban National Park at South24 Parganas), 1987.
- Darjeeling Hill Railway, 1999.
- Sun Temple of Konarak, 1984.
North Eastern India UNESCO world heritage site :
- The Kanchendzonga National Park at Sakkyong, 2016.
- Kaziranga National Park of Kanchanjuri, 1985.
- Manas Wildlife Sanctuary of Gobardhana, 1985.
Southern India UNESCO world heritage site :
- KakatiyaRudreswara/Ramappa Temple at Hyderabad, 2021. (It is one of the latest UNESCO world heritage site from India included in 2021.)
Tamil Nadu –
- Mahabalipuram Monuments of Chennai, 1984.
- Great Living Chola Temples at Thanjavur, 1987.
- Western Ghat at Kanyakumari, 2010.
- Group of monuments of Hamphi at Bellary, 1986.
- Group of monuments of Pattadakal at Bagalkot, 1987.
Here it was the List of all India UNESCO world heritage site .
Top 10 UNESCO world heritage site :
All the heritage sites have their own charms, but from our examination point of view, we are enlisting only Top 10 UNESCO World heritage site here :
- Taj Mahal.
- Ajanta Caves.
- Ellora Caves.
- Rani ki Bhav.
- Pink City.
- Sun Temple.
- Ramappa Temple.
- Dholavira: A harappan City
These top 10 UNESCO world heritage site you must check. So we hope this detailed information and note will help you a lot in your upcoming examination(s). You have any question on this topic? Or you want notes of any other important topic for your preparation? Feel free to ask in the comment section. We will do our best to help you.
** All heritage sites are very important for a country. Certainly we should protect our UNESCO world heritage site from India (own country) . So please try to protect them and also tell others to do the same . Thanks you all. All the best for your journey.
Read also :-
RRB NTPC question papers 2021 PDF download with answer
India Celebrating INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY 2021 | Theme
List of MAJOR CYCLONE Bay of Bengal I Details I TRACKER
Important NATIONAL PARK in INDIA Name I STATE Wise List
Chief Minister All State and UTs With Governor, Capital
TOP 50 MOST IMPORTANT GK for All COMPETITIVE EXAM
100+ IMPORTANT FULL FORM in Computer for all Govt Exams
Daily CURRENT Affairs Quiz 2021 For RRB, SSC, Bank exam
Most Important TIME And WORK Questions & Answers Part 1
25+ MOST Important Idioms and Phrases With Hindi Meaning
Thanks for reading this article. If you have any information related to this article and blog, you can put comment or visit the contact us page.
You can also visit the Disease, Prevention, or Treatment-related Medical Blog: Nursing Knowledge
and Popular Quotation related Blog: A to Z Quotes